Tuesday 24 May 2016

6ft something..!


There are a million breathtaking stories that we come across in a lifetime. How many of those have we lived ourselves? Many! Then again, how many of those have we revisited time and again? A few.

I am not big on writing fantasy engraved tantalising stories. But I am big on playing a part in many!

When I first met this 6ft something (too tall for most men with average heights, including me although back home I would be considered tall enough), I said to myself these very words "aww look at that innocent face".

Little did I catch the intricate symptoms of crazy, wild, super fun, and unpredictable madness that came with the package named Theodora Baos. Uh well I have never been good at prognosis! 

She said to me, "my name is Theodora but call me Teddy"..and that had a stern intent associated. At times you meet someone and the arteries that connect your heart just feel an inflation which leads to the vigorous supply of blood to your brain cells! No I am not talking about love or sexual attraction. I am referring to the mere feeling of knowing that this person is just the one you wanted to meet for a while now. 

A friend, a confidant, a compatriot, and just that person who will give and take blows for you!

She has this un ignorable persona which makes you want to know more!! Yes Ofcourse she is an attractive young woman who can also be your perfect wingman by the way. Anyway, Teddy always has a story to tell. She has lived in 4 countries, speaks 4 languages (fluently), has traveled the world on business trips, has maybe more friends (real) than I even have on my Facebook, loves attention (both giving and taking), is mostly Mexican but partly Greek, will listen to you for hours and then make you listen to her for hours, cooks like rubbish, though eats like a boss. If you meet her at a bar when she's drunk, you want to be close to a bouncer (who by the way has to be close to another one).

She's undecided about her life but knows exactly what to say about yours! She's a friend. A true one.

I told her as she left for another adventure, that she will be the God Mother to my kids (if and when I have) and she just smiled. 

And just like that, the million small talks, the drunken nights, the fights, the frolic, the frenzy, the chaos, the noise, and all embodiment of relentless fun and love just came to a serene and calm aftermath. She's left for another country to conquer more hearts and spread more laughter and love. That's her forte..that is Theodora Baos.

As we look back at how we have lived our lives at 70, we want to be able to be proud of stories. Stories that remind us of our existence, that inspire us, that make us laugh and shed tears at the same time, stories that define us. I have many a small stories to share with my grandchildren and this story about this 6ft something, 4 language proficient, crazy, full of life girl will top the charts.

For all those we met and lost in our journey..

"The strength of friendship that goes the distance will be unconditional love.."

Ragz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Matter The Most!