Wednesday 5 April 2017

Spiritual You Spiritual Me..!


Spirituality! What comes to mind when this word hits the cerebral cortex of our brain? We picture a tranquil place somewhere deep within the heart of a valley embedded by serene mountain tops flirting with low hanging clouds. This scene is most common and I totally agree with the connection one might see between spirituality and the place.

I was 10 years old when my father woke me up one Sunday morning and asked me to accompany him somewhere. Obviously having no qualms or the courage to have qualms as a young boy, I followed him. In about 20 minutes I found myself at a place where more than 50 people were taking different positions and performing some sort of unified physical ritual. I was still trying to deduce the meaning of all this. And while I was still scratching my head, an elderly person tapped me on my back. He pretty much reminds me of Gandalf now. This bearded soul explained what the gathering was all about. He taught me the art of Yoga. 

For years to come I indulged myself in the true spirit of Yoga. However along the way life happened and I zoned out of it. When I look back today, I realize it was a tranquil state of mind that I dwelled in. 

Having said that, I came across a few people during my days of Globe Trotting and these people pride themselves at being utterly spiritual. I asked them if they indulged in Yogic Activities. The answer no! I got intrigued and spent hours with these individuals learning what their understanding and essence of Spirituality was. 

It is beautiful to know how Spirituality can be found in the simple ways of life. For this one person it came from spending an entire lifetime recycling things for the cause of a greener world. A math teacher discovered her Spiritual self by giving Match lessons to economically strained children for no cost at all, although she spent thousands of dollars to learn what she was teaching now. If you ask me, I would say the purpose of our lives can easily become spiritual to us. This is because we are one with the causes we live for and what we intend to achieve. This unison of the mind and the soul is the elevation of our spirits.

I have read hundreds of books with the crux of the matter revolving around Spirituality and the joy of enlightenment. Life for me is that tutor who never charges you any money to teach the best lessons. I figured how soccer players are one with the game itself and find solace in doing one thing that they have made a purpose out of. This goes for any profession and this remains the key to finding your spirituality and more importantly, yourself!

We can all take hours of our days to sit and ponder upon what the term really means. Some of us may never decipher the true meaning and some of us would look for other ways to find answers. The day we understand ourselves to be particles of the cosmic universe, we would have found the true meaning of our purpose.

Mahatma Gandhi's efficacious efforts of single handedly uniting millions of people for one cause is widely respected. He was able to harmonize the minds and souls of such a huge number of individuals through the mere power of spiritual transformation!


Little things come together to make everything around us meaningful. One of them is positive manifestation and I have used the power of this freely available state of mind so many times and I kid you not, it has worked! I feel Spiritually enlightened and educated because of my positive attitude towards life. There could be a wide array of things that will lead you to a meaningful destination. I found mine and I hope you find yours.

Ragz

"Spirituality does not come from Religion. It comes from our Soul"




1 comment:

  1. Looking for your soul mate!! Nescomatrimony, the Best Naidu (naicker, Balija naidu matrimony, Tamilnadu kamma, Gavara Naidu Bridegroom, Balija Bridegrooms) brides and grooms. we are Tamil naidu matrimony Services offers thousands of naidu brides and bride groom profiles to find your perfect match. Register FREE!
    Naicker Matrimonial

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Matter The Most!