Saturday 28 February 2015

Mother's Way..!



"There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it"

Mother, Ma, Aai, Ahm, Moer, Mère, Mutter, Màna, Madre, Ammi. So many ways to address the reason why you and I are all here and still just one sentiment; UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Every single year, the 10th of May brings out the child within most of us to either pay tribute to Mothers or to even just pick up the phone and tell the lady who suffered the excruciating wrath of labor for you, that you bloody well are thankful for this life!! 

But why just one day? I mean I for one am extremely grateful to Anna Jarvis to have introduced this beckoning gesture of honouring the existence of mothers and motherhood itself. However, if it wasn't for Anna, would we still not have celebrated the life of our creator? I totally accede with this single day of celebration and feel that it brings out those essential emotions from some of us who otherwise defy the science of expressing and emotionality. 

Although, a strong voice asks me why not celebrate her everyday? Why not take that one moment out of our relentless fight against life itself and look at her and tell her how much she means to you. It does not dawn upon us (and trust me when I say this) that life is perpetually on a mission to hurry past us. I have two friends who shared their stories with me. One who lived with her mother till she passed away. And the other who was engulfed with his personal agenda and could barely make it to his own mothers funeral. The one thing in common was grief. After living for years with her mother, my friend still felt she hadn't spent enough time together. Whilst the other guy moaned and regretted in vain about not being fair to his mother. The point being no matter how much you give back, the benevolence, the love, the affection, the care, the passion, the unconditionality, the emotion, and so much more, can never match her standards. Those are the shoes that can never be filled by any deed or virtue by any one else. The void that a mother's absence leaves behind is an unconquerable abyss.

A confederate, a companion, a friend, a teacher, a guardian angel and the only match to God himself is mother. She spends her entire life deducing your life's conundrums and even if you are 50 and she is still alive, she will come up with the best advice you have had in half a century of your existence.

I found my first experience with emotions like love, friendship, hatred, anger, frustration, motivation and fear all together in my mother. There were times when as a kid I swore to myself that I hated my mom's strictness. Well, I wonder if it wasn't for her constant nagging and support in disguise, I would be here playing adeptly with words and trying to enchant the world with it. I owe my life to her and there will not be a seconds contemplation of thoughts if I were to give my life up for her. 

No matter what I do, where I go, what I become, I want to at best embrace the power of expression and let my mother know that I am..for you are..! Mother's hold their child's hand for a moment and their heart for a life time.  


Ragz



1 comment:

Your Comments Matter The Most!